martes, 1 de julio de 2014



Host Family Experience
            I was so worried about living with a host family for a month because of the fact that I am a shy person, but when I met my family they reminded of my own back at home. Of course, I was super nervous when I first got to house; it felt weird at first but as the days went by I got comfortable and it did not feel weird anymore. I got along great with my family. We talked and spent a great amount of time together, they were very courteous to me and made me feel at home. The first day I arrived in Spain my host mom took me out for a walk and bought me an ice-cream cone. I spent most of my time with my host sister due to the fact that my host parents went on vacation for two weeks. My host sister and I really bonded and spent the evenings together everyday; we would drink a cup of coffee, chat for a bit, watch TV, play a game, or walk the dog out. We always had lunch together and the food was really different compared to what I ate in the states.


My host family and I talked about how life was in the states and how life was in Cáceres; it was extremely different, but I adjusted pretty well in a short amount of time. My host family encouraged me to go out and see the neighborhood in Cáceres. My last week in Spain, my host dad cooked and tried to make the spicy food I eat, they also made me my favorites meals. The night before I left, we said our goodbyes and they really enjoyed having me there. I gave a pink rose to my host mom and left a thank you letter. I was the first exchange student they had who was able to speak and understand Spanish, they were absolutely delighted to have me there. I am still in contact with my host family, we email each other once in a while. Living with a host family is honestly what made my study abroad experience life changing that month that I was there. I have not regretted my time with them at all and I think fondly of our time together every day.

Valerie Flores 





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario