sábado, 30 de mayo de 2015

Week #1

Caceres is very beautiful. My first night I learned many things about the culture. My host mom took me to the music festival in the plaza. Before we even arrived I started to noticed things that were confirmed at the festival. When I first met my host mom she greeted me with two kisses on my cheeks. For me that was new and different. The next thing I noticed was that the cars that were on the street all looked the same and acted very different from drivers in America. Walkers would just walk across the crosswalks and cars would immediately stop for them. Cars would stop at yellow lights as soon as it changes, whereas in America drivers speed through yellow lights. As we walked to the plaza, everyone just bumping and hit each other, it was not uncommon to run into crowds of people or for people to just stop in the middle of walking. At the concert stages there was a lot more kids there than I have ever seen in an American music festival. The parents were a lot less strict and I never once saw a parent yelling at their children. The people were a lot more chill and friendly. I meet a lot of my host mom’s friends and had many conversations with them (as much as I could). Everyone was really understanding of my language barriers and tried their hardest to make sure I could understand them. At the festival I got to see all the beautiful buildings that surround the plaza and really enjoy them in another setting apart from the sunshine!

Snapchat-4577707457651395911.jpg

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario