domingo, 31 de mayo de 2015

Week #3

Since I missed the trip to Seville, this weekend I made up for it by taking a shorter trip to Plasencia. Only about an hour train ride from Cáceres, I arrived at around 8:20 in the morning. Walking through town most restaurants and little shops were closed until ten. The group used this time to explore the buildings they had surrounding their plaza which included walls, the Cathedral of Plasencia, City Hall, the Arches of San Anton, Marqués de Mirabel Palace, and the House of Two Towers. Each one was really fascinating and beautiful. My favorite was the Cathedral because of all the little details that take up the entire front door of it. As we continued to explore the town we came across a large market which I found very interesting. A bunch of people had set up little stands and were selling fresh fruits and vegetables.  Another attraction I found really interesting is the “Abuelo Mayorga.” He stands next to the bell in the Plaza Mayor and was the first thing I noticed as we walked through. Looking around the Plasencia Plaza reminded me a lot of the Cáceres Plaza Mayor, they are both surrounded by restaurants and shops, then split off into two roads that lead to more restaurants and shops! Although Plasencia did not really have cars driving around there main plaza, there was still a few cars on the side streets that seemed to only be there to deliver to stores. Although it was a very short trip we managed to see a lot of great sites and really experience the atmosphere Plasencia!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario