miércoles, 3 de junio de 2015

Solid as a Rock


When I look out of my bedroom window, I can see the highest hill of the ancient city. It is not only beautiful to look at, but for me it is symbolic. It is an ancient place standing proud upon the hill. It is the city that will not be hidden. And when I look at this place, I see my life. For too long I lived in a hole and let life go on without much participation from me. And now, when most people my age are considering retirement and slowing down, I am just beginning. I raised my children and have no regrets for the time that I spent with them. But now, I will be the ancient building on the hill. I will no longer be content to stay down but will rise to the top and live my life to the fullest. That is the main reason that I decided to come to Spain. It is a major step up for me. It is my beginning. Maybe the Romans and Moors built Cáceres, but I am rebuilding myself. And someday, my students may look at me and consider me as I consider the castle on the hill. They may wonder, “How did she get there? What lay at her foundation?” And I will be able to say that part of my foundation was built in Spain, in a beautiful city where I could only communicate slightly, but where my foundation helped give me wings to fly.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario