martes, 9 de junio de 2015


The Past, The Present, The Future
Immersed in a beautiful place of timeless history and multiple cultural influences, it is easy to feel lost in the wonder of it all. To eat the food, to see the buildings and monuments, to hear the symphony of music and sounds, to smell the times and blends of history, to feel the textures of ancient roads and modern structures is to begin to understand a small portion of the totality that is Spain. Experiences such as this must be absorbed and pondered in order for them to become an influence and inspiration in the life of the one who experiences them.
When I first decided to come to Spain it was for the benefit of finishing my requirements and moving on in my chosen career. Little did I understand that the culture of Spain would seep into my very being and bring about an enduring change which will influence my life just as the Romans, Moors, Jews, and Christians influenced Spain. Immersed in the life and surroundings of this beautiful country is an epoch of extreme magnitude.
On a personal level the impact is profound, but the bearing my experience will have on my future students is also tremendous. When teaching writing I will be able to help them be descriptive because I have experienced the indescribable. When reading literature I will be able to bring life to the settings because I have walked the streets of ancient civilizations. When dealing with diversity I will be able to bridge the gap between one view and another because I have built my own bridge of understanding.
As in Spanish history, the past will influence the present and the future as I continue to grow and meld every experience of my life into a beautiful piece, a wondrous place of blended culture and history as I face what is to come.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario