miércoles, 25 de mayo de 2016

Week 1 by Kathleen Garza

This first week has went by very fast and as I am on this journey in a new country with new things to get used to. Cáceres, Spain has a completely different culture then the United States. As I am welcomed in this country I start to realize that every little thing is different, the hours that they eat their meals, and the portions of their meals. They wake up and directly go to eat breakfast at around 7a.m., which is typically toast with butter and with jam. Lunch is their most important meal and is always ate with the family. This is something that I do like because everyone in the family have their own schedule and sometimes it is hard for them to have a meal together. Their meal is lunch in family time at around 3p.m. I was very surprised by that they take time out of their day to have meal together. The dinner is late as well and not big portions either 10p.m. The people that live in Spain are not so friendly they simply mind their own business. I find that people on the street are a bit rude when they do not say excuse me if they are trying to get through, but as I learned in class I found out that, which is how they live. They do not have sort of say “magic words” like the United States does. This experience has made me realize that there are different ways of living and everyone is accustomed to their own culture and have different customs and it takes some time to get used to. In the end I have enjoyed learning about all the different things that people in Spain do and how they live. I absolutely love the city and how gorgeous it is and how much history it has. It is incredible.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario