miércoles, 25 de mayo de 2016

Week 2 by Shannon Dempsey


This second week has been a lot better and easier than the first week. I find myself learning more Spanish and I am finding it easier to navigate through Caceres. I have noticed that the pace in Spain is also more relaxed. I find myself walking much faster than the people in the city. They live a more relaxed lifestyle as well. In the restaurants it takes the waiters ten times longer because people are there to relax. It is so different than the United States. This week we took a tour around old Caceres. It was very beautiful. It was so amazing to see all the treasures and artifacts that the museum contained. I really enjoyed learning the history behind Isabel and Fernando. I also enjoyed how learning about the fighting that involved the Muslims. The storyline behind Isabel and her niece is very interesting. We also visited Seville this week. Seville was definitely favorite place thus far. It was so beautiful. The Cathedral was amazing. My favorite part of the Cathedral was the art and the gothic architecture. Then we went to a flamingo dance and that was so interesting. It’s a traditional dance and being able to watch it was a great experience. I really liked the different dresses the woman wore when she would dance. Also, the snapping of the fingers was so interesting to see. Overall the visit to Seville was perfect. Seville is such a pretty place to visit and I would love to go back. I also climbed to the top of the mountain in Caceres. The view from the top is breathtaking. It was quite a hike but it was worth the view. This past week was great. I continue to learn more facts and am excited to continue this journey.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario