miércoles, 25 de mayo de 2016

Week 2 by Brianna Martin


My second week of Spain has been full of activities and I am amazed how fast it is all passing by; we are halfway done abroad. Throughout the second week I have continued to developed a closer bond with my host family in which I have integrated myself much better with them and dinner time is one of my favorites parts of the day. With that being said, the culture has been sticking to me. This second week we also had the privilege to visit the beautiful city of Seville. Every city of Spain has its own uniqueness and distinctions which makes this country rich and beautiful. We got to visit the Giralda, the cathedral which was immense and intricate and we got to see the different styles of art and architecture that were taught in class. We also saw another cultural aspect by seeing the Flamenco dance which was very interesting. The second day when we had the liberty to explore the city on our own I had the opportunity to visit the Alcazar of Seville which to this day I have to say it was my personal favorite place to have visited. I was surprised at how big the gardens were and the inside was so beautiful. Breathing the fresh air and the sense of peace the place gave was such a great experience. Finally, I ended off the second week by going to the countryside where my host family owns land and a place. We did a surprise 50th anniversary for my host mom’s parents. Friends and family members gathered and I was completely submerged in family culture. Everyone was extremely nice to me and I met some wonderful people and had a great time.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario