miércoles, 25 de mayo de 2016

Week 2 by Sandra Lozano

Enjoying the moment, something Spaniards know how to do. By this I mean that they take the time to sit down and enjoy the simple pleasure of drinking a cup of coffee. In America we are on the constant move, to school, to work, to the gym, wherever. We hardly have time to enjoy something as simple as drinking a cup of coffee because we never have time, or at least say we don’t. People here seem to take everything as the moment comes. In the United States we plan, plan for what we’re doing the next day, for what we’re doing that morning, afternoon, the next month or the next year. Because of this mentality I believe Americans feel like they don’t have time to enjoy and live in the moment, we are always planning for what is next. Here I’ve had to get used to sitting down and drinking my coffee in the morning versus in the United States I’m rushing out the door with my coffee in my hand and a cookie in my mouth. This also applies to when it comes to lunch time, it’s as if the whole world stops while we eat. Siestas are something else that I wish I had time to do in the United States, taking time off from everything even if it’s just for a few minutes for two hours I think helps put you in a better mood. I know once I’m back home in Indiana I am going to make the effort to wake up earlier to have the opportunity to sit down and enjoy my daily cup of coffee.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario