miércoles, 25 de mayo de 2016

Week 2 by LaDaja Ray

It’s been about 17 days. Sometimes I still can’t believe I’m in Spain and other times like this pass Tuesday I couldn’t wait to go home. I was so sick, my throat was inflamed, I could barely swallow and I had horrible headaches for two days. Thankfully my host mom took me to the doctor and the pharmacy. After that I‘ve been feeling much better and I didn’t want to miss another day of class or our first group trip to Sevilla. Sevilla seems like a much bigger city compared to Cáceres, more people and much easier to get lost. While there we toured this really beautiful cathedral, Giralda and we were able to climb to the top where all the church bells are located and view the city. Afterwards we went to a Flamenco show then back to our hotel to disperse and go out.
Sevilla was a two day trip so along with some friends I planned and I was determined to find a beach and get some sun. Two more hours away was Cádiz, my other weekend destination, one of the most beautiful beaches I’ve been to. Last weekend I took a trip to Salamanca with a few other students from the program. It was awesome, we had so much fun and met so many people there plus the clubs and nightlife and the drinks are really good too.

Its seems  like in just two weeks my Spanish, speaking and my confidence have gotten a lot better. I’m not as afraid to try and speak spanish or attempt to with the native speakers. I kinda think traveling and having no other choice but to try and to figure many things out on my own has helped me and is making a difference in my experience here. I’m really glad I decided to do a study abroad this summer and I’ve been thinking about doing another one really soon or sometime next summer.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario