miércoles, 25 de mayo de 2016

Week 2 by Stephanie Chavez

What a difference it's been in just the second week of being here! This week our class traveled to Seville, Spain. It was about 3 hours away from Caceres, but it was all worth it in the end. First, let me start off by saying that the weather here in Spain has changed dramatically. I know in my first blog I complained about the weather being bad, but this week has been the complete opposite! The picture above is a picture that I took of the cathedral of “La Giralda.” This was a beautiful and gigantic place to see. In this cathedral we can see the different types of influences that were here in Spain. We were able to distinguish the Muslim and Moore influences in the structures as well as the gothic and Roman influences in the church. This trip to Seville was amazing! Not only was it beautiful, but the food in Seville was to die for! I hadn’t tasted a meal that reminded me of home until I arrived here. The food there had flavor, spice, and was almost like the Hispanic food back home. Many other students will agree with me on this. It also super HOT! The weather there is usually higher and hotter than that of Caceres. Back here at home in Caceres, a fair has begun. A couple of us went as a group and stopped by to see what the huge deal about this fair just was. As we arrived, the fair we noticed a big difference in the fairs from back home. Here, you have many young teenagers walking in with huge bags of liquor and beer to drink while at the fair. Here it’s perfectly legal to have young teenagers walking around with liquor to drink. No one stopped them, said anything to them or nothing. Back home we all know what would’ve happened. These teenagers would go to jail! Not here! Nonetheless, we enjoyed the fair and came home. This about sums up my week 2! All for now, 

Stephanie C


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario