domingo, 12 de junio de 2016

Week 2 by Amanda Knight

Among the many differences between Cáceres and my hometown, the mean of transportation would have to be one of my favorites. Much unlike back home, people here in Cáceres choose to travel by foot to their destinations. Although many own a car that could be used, walking seems to be an easier option. Whether you work down the street or five blocks away, your walk is just as beneficial to your bank account as it is to your health. Here in the city residence indeed get their fair share of daily exercise. Being an active person myself, I have greatly enjoyed traveling around the city by foot.  
For longer distances, the city has many bus routes that can be used for alternate transportation. During the week, I use this to get to class. There are three different buses that specifically run to my campus: RC, LC, and L3. I walk to the bus stop on the corner of my street and usually take L3 all the way to the last stop on campus. This part of my day is exciting, because I do not generally use public transportation back home, only if I visit the city. I have quickly learned how important it is to leave the house on time. Back in the states, I take breakfast with me in the car and sometimes leave five minutes late, but here in Cáceres this is not an option. Leaving even two minutes late means I miss my bus and therefore I am automatically ten minutes late to class. Preparing myself for class has been an adjustment, but in the end it is rewarding to be able to experience the way many travel here in the city. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario