domingo, 12 de junio de 2016

Week 3 by Brianna Martin



Third week of Spain, and like all the other weeks it flew by but by far one of busiest weeks I’ve had in my stay here. By the third week, you get a sensation of what it is like really living there, at least for me personally; knowing the bus routes, the streets, knowing your way around with shortcuts and all. We started off last week by going to Merida on Monday. It was absolutely beautiful, and we got to see the amphitheater and the Roman theatre. The history of this place with all the architecture like the aqueduct, the roman bridge, and the cistern. On Tuesday I had the opportunity to climb the mountain of Cáceres and going into the temple at the top of the mountain. We went as a group and had a good time. On Wednesday, we had an activity called Gynkana, in which we went to the parte antigua de Cáceres and got to visit many places. We saw more Gothic architecture, visited a museum of the Semana Santa, and went to the Torre de Bujaco. We got to experience even more of Cáceres that afternoon as we had the opportunity to visit a Palace that recently opened up and the last person in the family recently past. The palace was amazing and I got to personally see what it was like to live in nobility. Unfortunately, I was not able to take pictures. On Thursday I went to the Feria and had a great time with my friends and got to meet people from Spain. Everyone is extremely friendly and time flew that night. The rest of the weekend was spent with my host family in which I have to say I got to know them at a deeper level and have enjoyed spending more time with them. I even had the honor to teach my four-year-old host brother how to ride a bike!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario