domingo, 12 de junio de 2016

Week 3 by Shannon Dempsey


Blog #3
            This week we took a visit to Merida. It was so beautiful and very interesting. I really enjoyed that trip. My favorite part was learning about the theater. It was amazing how it was still standing today. It is so different because there really aren’t places like that in the United States. It was so beautiful. I also really enjoyed the place where the gladiators fought and the aqueducts that transported water. I love the history that was in Merida. It still amazes me how those things are still standing and in pretty good condition. This week we also visited the palace. It was so interesting because of everything it still contained. I really enjoyed the paintings and the documents that were in the palace.
This week, I also started to miss home more than usual. I believe it is because we are almost home. I truly have started getting used to the culture more though. It is sad that once we adapt to everything we have to leave. I have started to miss my family more than usual. A month is not long but I am excited to go back home. I have learned a lot about the culture and history here. It was also our last week of learning information in class. I found the classes very interesting and enjoyed the classes. Culture was my favorite. History helped me to become interested in learning more about Spain. I also found myself becoming more comfortable with Spanish this week. The classes helped me to start to reach my goal of becoming fluent. I am not there yet but I am a lot more comfortable. Overall this week was interesting and filled with a lot of work. The trip was the best part and it kept going up from there.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario