domingo, 12 de junio de 2016

Week 3 by Gabrielle Bachis

This is the third week in Cáceres, Spain. When I walk along the streets now, I still see the value of relationships, but I also have a pain in my heart. I miss having my own relationships cultivated. I have a wonderful host family and have made great friends here, but I don’t have my family. My relationship with my family is one I value the most. I don’t have that here. I miss waking up, smelling the coffee on a Sunday morning because my dad brewed it extra strong. I miss my mom’s warm hugs. I miss seeing my brothers when I wake up. I miss being around people who know me to the core and whom I know so well in return. This is something Spain can never give me. It is a stunning place, for sure! I love seeing sights that are older than my own country, and learning about the scandalous stories that accompany them. Indeed, America cannot compare with its beauty and history. But home is where the heart is. My heart is where my family is. And I sure am yearning for that again. ImagenImagenSpain  Home 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario